Looking for residential landscape design services near you? Dallas / Fort Worth has some of the best landscapers in the nation. These verified companies are well reviewed for their landscape designs and excellent customer satisfaction.
Manually Verified for Quality Service
The companies listed on this page have been checked by us to provide professional quality service. You can rest assured these professionals will have much experience and great reviews to back them up. Contact them today for a detailed custom quote.
What does a landscape designer do?
The work of this outdoor professional includes most everything surrounding a home’s exterior. A landscaping designer can even work with the home architect to choose the right spot for your Dallas house. From there the landscaper will develop preliminary concepts for your front or backyard design based on individual needs including the climate and activities that will take place, as well as layouts and planting plans. Landscape architects will also design any structures or outbuildings that will be added to the space. Any grading changes that will be added to the yard are also the responsibility of the architect. This includes any drainage modifications. An engineer can also be responsible for these tasks, but licensed landscapers are fully capable. Like building architects, they will produce preliminary concept drawings as well as detailed construction documents and planting plans. Three-dimensional renderings and illustrative plans are all supplementary.
What does a landscape designer do?
A landscaping designer generally will have ecological, aesthetic and technical training, which helps them maximize the potential of your outdoor space. Keeping in mind both style and functionality, garden designers analyze your architecture and yard to produce a plan that may or may not include location and materials for walkways, patios, water features, fences, garden aspects and more. In addition, a landscaper in Dallas will carefully assess your geographic region to choose plants, trees and flowers that will flourish naturally, as well as address concerns such as drainage, screening and soil conditions. Certain landscape designers only help with the planning portion, while some may deliver the plans and then oversee a hired landscaping contractor. Others — typically following a design-build approach — take care of both the design and all aspects of the landscape architecture and construction.
Before you hire a professional landscaper, consider the scope and emphasis of your outdoor project. Landscape architects, who typically hold advanced degrees in their field, are trained to develop comprehensive structural plans that include plants, hardscaping, water use, drainage and more. Landscape designers typically specialize in the aesthetic and horticultural, rather than structural, side of yard and garden planning. They might or might not have advanced training. Even within their fields, a garden designer may specialize in hardscape- or vegetation-focused designs. In some cases you might need to hire additional help to get the outdoor space you want. Here are some related professionals and vendors to complement the work of landscape architects & landscape designers: Landscape Contractors, Garden & Landscape Supplies, Tree Services, Gardeners, Lawn Care & Sprinklers, Decks, Patios & Outdoor Enclosures.
Questions to ask prospective landscapers in Dallas:
- Can you provide me with references?
- How long have you been in the landscaping business?
- What is your certification?
- Do you have liability insurance?
- How much do you charge, and what does that include?
- What regions and climates are you skilled in?
- Can you accommodate my special requests (such as ADA or LEED)?
- What types of renderings will you produce?
- What is your experience with similar projects?
- When can you complete this project?
- What do your services include?
- Who will be working on the project design?
- What happens when costs exceed budget, whether due to materials or labor pricing changes? What about changes made by the client or by the professionals — what kinds of situations would cause those costs to be incurred?
- Can you provide me with a written estimate?
- What will I need to provide?
- Are there any important considerations or concerns that you know of or that might come up in the future with this project?